The GMDC stay focused for prioritizing environmental concerns in its policy and simultaneously continues to take various pro-active measures for protection of environment and ecosystem around its projects. As a policy to be proactively engaged in managing environmental concerns and maintaining ecological balance in and around its project areas, a proactive environmental policy is declared and environmental management system of projects follows the same mandate in its day to day activity.
GMDC is committed to:
- Adopt best environmental management practices by consistent knowledge up gradation, capacity building and adoption of best suited measures by systematic approach to prevent and control pollution at its facilities.
- Ensure total compliance of all environmental regulations, requirements and go beyond compliance by integrating best practices in every operational activity with assigned line- functions.
- Develop a culture of environmental and health consciousness, resource conservation and waste reduction awareness among all stakeholders for shared responsibilities of environmental protection.
- To develop green belt in harmony with nature for sustainable development, mining, power generation, industrial activities.
- To reduce carbon footprints and in long term goes for carbon and climate neutrality by adopting best practices in the operations and management.
Plantation is an ongoing activity at GMDC which is done mainly using recycled water with drip irrigation. Details of plantation in various projects of GMDC till Dec' 2018 is as below:
- Plants Saplings: 27,11,417
- Area Covered: 1384.06 Hectare
GMDC is having facilities for in-house environmental monitoring as well as analysis. GMDC is also carrying out Environmental Monitoring through the agency approved by Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Gujarat Pollution Control Board and NABL.
Towards the suppression of dust in mining areas, regular water sprinkling is done round the clock. For the treatment of domestic waste water of residential colonies, Sewage Treatment Plants are in operation. ESP's have been installed in Thermal Power Project to control the emission in Boiler Stacks as well as Dry Fog Systems has been installed to control fugitive dust emission during material handling through Conveyors.
Total green energy generation through wind power generation & solar power generation till Nov'2018 is 2522416 MWhr which in turn equivalent to reduce CO2 generation up to 24,66,166 Tons.
Working projects of GMDC have comprehensive Environment Management System and certified in ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
Annual World Environment Day as per UNEP and Van Mahotsav as per the guidelines of Gujarat State Environment & Forest Department are being celebrated with full enthusiasm.
Environment Clearances and their Compliance Reports
- Van Mahotsav Report 2018 3.418 MiB
- WED Report 2018 3.097 MiB
- Report on Mine Reclamation 3.846 MiB
- Report on Guest House Pond 12.882 MiB
- E-Magazine 2nd Edition 3.719 MiB